Confusing Words, Vocabulary, Lesson/Test 9
Instructions: Use a pad and paper to write a sentence using each word in the lesson. Look up each word in the English dictionary to make sure you have the correct definition.
1. healthful, healthy- Healthful means “causing or improving health;” healthy means “possessing health.”
2. hear, here- You hear with your ears. Here means “the area close by.”
3. heard, herd- Heard is the past tense of the verb “hear;” herd is a large group of animals.
4. hole, whole- A hole is a cavity or hollow place. Whole means “complete or entire.”
5. immigrate, emigrate- Immigrate means “to come into a new country or environment.” Emigrate means “to go out of one country to live in another.”